|This article may require a cleanup to meet Bandipedia's quality standards.|
Please help us this page to improve it. Feel free to discuss this cleanup on the article's talk page.
Ant Agony is the last level of Crash Twinsanity, and takes place on Twinsanity Island inside the Evil Twins' stronghold. This is considered by many to be the hardest level in the game.
In this level, there are metal balls which must be rolled into the pit switches nearby. Rolling them into the switches will open doors, allowing Crash to proceed. Often, there are multiple balls used as obstacles and puzzles. The level also features stationary or motioned purple platforms made of light (weak platforms). Seconds after touching one it dissapears, usually above an endless chasm, which causes Crash to lose a life. There are also blue light bulbs which must be spun to deactivate purple electric fences blocking Crash's path.
Sequence platforms can also be found. They appear and disappear in sequential order- red, green, blue and then yellow. This cycle of colours is continuous, and the player must hop from platform to platform in the correct order to proceed through the level. There are also switches which must be stepped on to activate platforms, which Crash can then travel across. Often, they are located underneath a plasma force-field, which can be deactivated by destroying a certain amount of enemies in the vicinity.
Pitfalls surround almost the entire layout of the level.
Ants are the main enemy of this level.
These Ants have drill on their backs which enable them to drill into the ground and charge at fast paces.
These Ants breath fire and seldomly appear in this level.
Fire Ant (Weaker)Edit
There is a single Fire Ant in this level that will only take a single hit to kill.
Jet Pack AntsEdit
These Ants utilize jet packs and laser cannons.
These Ants have the ability to pick up explosive Energon Spheres.
These Ants wield laser sword which will disentegrate Crash if touched.
These devices shooting a deadly beam will rotate or go back and forward.
Once the level is completed, an in-game cutscene plays:
- Cortex: Oh, my. I almost forgot! The treasure!
- Voice: OUR treasure... (Dr. Nefarious Tropy appears. He is accompanied by Dr.N.Gin and Dr.N.Brio)
- N. Gin: YES! We are RICH!!!
- Cortex: That treasure, is stolen property!
- Tropy: It's a little late to develop a conscience, Doctor.
- Cortex: Personally, I don't care. But I think he might want his Gems back?! (Spyro the Dragon unexpectedly appears. He toasts N.Tropy, N.Gin and N.Brio with his flame breath)
- Cortex: Hahahahaha! Hmmm...
After this, the player walks down a long hall, which leads to the location where the Evil Twin's final battle begins.
- According to a piece of concept art, Crash and Nina would have worked together in this level.
- For some reason, one of the Fire Ants in this level can be defeated with only one hit.