|Number of crates||135|
|Gem type||Red, Green, Yellow, Blue, Clear and Purple|
|Previous level||Bandicoot Pursuit|
In this level, there are Energon Spheres which must be rolled into the pit switches nearby. Rolling them into the switches will open doors, allowing Crash to proceed. Often, there are multiple balls used as obstacles and puzzles. The level also features stationary or motioned purple platforms made of light (weak platforms). Seconds after touching one it disappears, usually above an endless chasm, which causes Crash to lose a life. There are also blue light bulbs which must be spun or jumped on to deactivate purple electric fences blocking Crash's path.
Sequence platforms can also be found. They appear and disappear in sequential order: red, green, blue and then yellow. This cycle of colors is continuous, and the player must hop from platform to platform in the correct order to proceed through the level. There are also switches which must be stepped on to activate platforms, which Crash can then travel across. Often, they are located underneath a plasma force-field, which can be deactivated by destroying a certain amount of enemies in the vicinity.
Pitfalls surround almost the entire layout of the level.
Ants are the main enemy of this level.
These Ants have drill on their backs which enable them to drill into the ground and charge at fast paces.
These Ants breath fire and seldom appear in this level.
Fire Ant (Weaker)
There is a single Fire Ant in this level that will only take a single hit to kill.
Jet Pack Ants
These Ants utilize jet packs and laser cannons.
These Ants have the ability to pick up explosive Energon Spheres.
These Ants wield laser sword which will disintegrate Crash if touched.
These devices shooting a deadly beam will rotate or go back and forward.
Once the level is completed, an in-game cutscene plays:
- Cortex: Oh, my. I almost forgot! The treasure!
- Voice: OUR treasure... (Dr. Nefarious Tropy appears. He is accompanied by Dr.N.Gin and Dr.N.Brio)
- N. Gin: YES! We are RICH!!!
- Cortex: That treasure, is stolen property!
- Tropy: It's a little late to develop a controversy, Doctor.
- Cortex: Personally, I don't care. But I think he might want his Gems back? (Spyro the Dragon unexpectedly appears. He toasts N.Tropy, N.Gin and N.Brio with his flame breath)
- Cortex: Hahahahaha! Hmmm...
After this, the player walks down a very long hall, which leads to the location where the Evil Twin's final battle begins.
- According to a piece of concept art, Crash and Nina would have worked together in this level.
- For some reason, the last Fire Ant in this level can be defeated with only one hit.
- Coco would of been put in this level as a playable character or feature in a cut scene.
- Even though it is the longest level, it doesn't have the most crates.