Area 51? (なぞの えんばんＵＳＡ lit. Mysterious Disk USA in Japanese) is the twenty-eighth level and is the third level of the secret warp room in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped and its HD remake in N. Sane Trilogy unlocked after collecting 15 relics. It takes place on the same highway as Hog Ride, only in the dark, and with only the motorcycle's headlight to see with. As the name might suggest, Crash races UFOs, with the cops after him as well. There are many cones scattered throughout the level.
Just like the other motorbike levels, Coco cannot visit this level in the N. Sane Trilogy version as these levels were built around Crash only.
Types of crates
- All four motorbike levels take place at a different time of the day: Hog Ride (midday), Orange Asphalt (sunset), Road Crash (late night) and Area 51? (overnight).
- This level's name is an obvious reference to the government facility "Area 51", located in the desert near Las Vegas, Nevada, which is a well-known military base famous for being the center of many conspiracy theories involving Unidentified Flying Objects (UFO).
- This level's Japanese name is an obvious reference to the mysterious disk UFO and the fact that the level is located in the USA.
- This is the only motorbike level that doesn't have visible lab assistants in it, though it is unstated whether or not the UFOs are driven by lab assistants.
- This level has the longest platinum relic time requirement in the game.