|Level Number||13 (Warp Room 3)|
|Number of crates||42|
|Gem type||Power Crystal, Clear Gem|
|Previous level||Sewer or Later|
|Next level||Road to Ruin|
Once Crash reaches the end of the level, Polar will launch him across a giant chasm, which will place him in front of the exit to the warp room. However, if Crash turns his back to the warp room exit, he will notice a group of icebergs in the water. Crash can jump on the icebergs to access a secret portal, which will warp him to a secret warp room and allows him to go to the secret way of Air Crash, thus allowing him to get the crate gem. In the process of jumping on the icebergs, Crash has to be careful, as the icebergs will start to sink after being jumped on.
Types of crates
- Basic Crate
- Bounce Crate
- Checkpoint Crate
- Iron Crate
- Nitro Crate
- Nitro Switch Crate
- ? Crate
- TNT Crate
Enemies and Obstacles
These are the different enemies and obstacles that Crash and Polar face while traveling through this level. Since there are no Aku Aku masks in the level, Crash cannot afford to hit any of the enemies, as they will cause him to instantly die.
- Totem Poles - These totem poles, which seem to take the design of a polar bear, are scattered throughout the level. They appear in different sizes and are sometimes found lying on the ground. Crash must avoid crashing into them, as they will cause him to fall off Polar. He must jump over the ones on the ground also, as they will catapult him off of Polar.
- Orcas - These giant mammals jump out of the icy water while Crash is jumping over the chasms. The orcas will either jump out of the left side or the right side of the water. Crash must predict the direction they jump out of because he will lose a life if he hits one.
- Seals - The seals will stroll back and forth along the path, in which Crash must avoid, as they will cause him to lose a live if he hits one.
- Parka Lab Assistants - These lab assistants appear in the middle of the path and lift a heavy crate made of metal up and down. Crash must predict when the lab assistants lift the crates up or place them down, as he must avoid them depending on what position they are in.
- TNT Crates - Unlike most TNT crates that start counting when Crash jumps on top of one, these will countdown as soon as Crash gets near them. He must stay away from their blast range while counting down, or else they will cause him and Polar to incinerate on impact.
- The name of the level is based on the phrase "man down!", which is used when a fellow soldier is wounded or killed in a battle.
- Although it could also be a play on the phrase "bearing down", which means to approach something in a determined and threatening manner, and usually fast.
- As with the other bear levels in this game, Aku Aku is banned from this level, so even if the player has Aku Aku masks when entering the level, the player loses them.
- This level was originally intended to have 2 clear gems, as there is an extra unseen slot in the warp room at the left of the crystal slot. This slot, however, does not correspond to any gem, and is also badly lightened.
- Originally, this level was to contain more explosive crates (both TNT and nitro) and the box total was 51.
- It could be possible that the secret warp at the end was originally intended to be portal to another part of the level, which contained the extra explosive crates and gem.