|Level Number||20 (Warp Room 4)|
|Number of crates||92 (32 in bonus)|
|Gem type||Power Crystal, Clear Gem, |
|Next level||Piston It Away|
Crash can find the purple gem here, in one of the more unusual secrets in the series. Players will encounter a staircase fashioned from nitro crates, but they do not actually make the player lose a life upon contact and are unbreakable. Instead, they warp the player to a secret route. The secret path is quite dangerous; like in Un-Bearable, the route is compact with hunter lab assistants, metal-plated armadillos, and active nitro crates. However, the purple gem is oddly situated early on in the route, and the route has no crates, meaning the player can die and retain the purple gem and thus avoid traversing the entire route without consequence. The clear gem is simple and straightforward to obtain, unlike in the other bee level, Diggin' It.
Types of crates
- Aku Aku Crate
- Basic Crate
- Bounce Crate (bonus round only)
- Checkpoint Crate
- Crash Crate
- Iron Crate
- Nitro Crate
- Nitro Switch Crate
- ? Crate
Translation of Aku Aku Hints in the Japanese Version
- After you escape from Papa Bear, and after you're thrown out, look behind you. Isn't White Bear waiting for you?
- This level's title is a pun on the words "behaving" and "beehive".
- In any non-retail version of the game, this level's name is "Bee Haven".
- This is one of five levels in this game where, after completing the bonus round, it is possible to die before the game is finished adding the bonus round crates to the crate total. This causes a glitch where it is possible to get credited with breaking more crates than there are in the level. The other levels in this game where this is possible are Snow Biz, Diggin' It, Cold Hard Crash, and Night Fight. In Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, this is possible in Sphynxinator and Flaming Passion.
- Like Diggin' It, the soil was grey instead of magenta in a beta version of the game.
- In earlier versions of the game, the Nitro staircase was composed of real Nitros that were set to not bounce and to be walkable so that the player could stand on. However, this still can cause them to explode by spinning, sliding or body slamming.
- Additionally, there was a wumpa fruit at the top, albeit not seen during gameplay.
- Due to these Nitros on being fake, they remain after the Nitro Switch Crate is activated.
- This is the only level in the game that has more Nitro crates than basic crates in the level.
- This level and Un-Bearable's secret paths are the only two secret paths of this game that, their theme is irrevelant to the main level, and have the same theme but different music.