|Game:||Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped|
|Boxes:||66 (14 in Bonus)|
|Gems:||1 Crystal, 2 Clear Gems|
|Relic Times:|| PAL:
|Previous level||Orient Express|
|Next level||Makin' Waves|
Bone Yard (どたばた ジュラシックぬま lit. Slapstick Jurassic Swamp in Japanese) is the fourth level of the first warp room in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped. Crash finds himself whisked away to an underground swampy forest in the distant prehistoric past, an era still ruled by the dinosaurs. Reigning supreme among the beasts is a fearsome herbivore, the triceratops, which will relentlessly chase Crash through some sections of the level. Other obstacles to avoid include pterodactyls, wave lab assistants, mini-volcanoes, puddles of magma, and vegetation that will slow down Crash.
If the player has retrieved the red gem from Deep Trouble, they can take the red gem path here for a hidden second clear gem. Retrieving it will require the player to survive some particularly tricky chase sequences. However, considering Deep Trouble's placement in the third warp room, it should not be a particularly harrowing excursion for the marsupial by that point in the game.
Types of crates
- Aku Aku Crate
- Arrow Crate - wooden (bonus round only)
- Basic Crate
- Bounce Crate
- Checkpoint Crate - iron (red gem path only)
- Checkpoint Crate - wooden
- Crash Crate (bonus round only)
- ! Crate
- Iron Crate
- Nitro Crate
- Nitro Switch Crate
- Outline Crate
- ? Crate
- Slot Crate
- Time Crate (1/2 seconds)
- TNT Crate
Translation of Aku Aku Hints in the Japanese Version
- Step on the bomb box and leave within 3 seconds.
- Don't touch the green nitro boxes. Boom!
- If you want to save the game, stand in front of the monitor in the Warp Room. Try to do it once.
- Did you jump on the boxes? You'll jump higher than usual.
- The level's name is probably a reference to the term "bone yard", which is an informal name for a cemetery.
- In the red gem path, this level contains the first Iron Checkpoint Crate of the series.
- At one point during the development of the game, Bone Yard was switched with Dino Might!
- This level's secret route was originally designed to be entered through a death route platform which looks like this picture, but was changed to the red gem path.
- In the beginning of the level, the segment near the start where the 3 crates are before you get chased, there are some broken planks of wood bark one the left side of the area you stand. One of the pieces is shaped exactly like the "N" on Cortex's head.
- Early footage of the game show that Bone Yard also used to have a Baby-T egg at first. It was located in the middle of the second side-scrolling part of the level. However, the idea ended up being removed and placed in Dino Might! and Eggipus Rex only.