Don't panic, run, jump and avoid obstacles, and run away to Sunset Vista
- Level description
Boulder Dash (また おおいわだ！ lit. It's Big Rock Again! in Japanese) is the fifteenth (fourteenth in beta) level (including boss fights) and is the sixth (third in Beta) level of the second island in Crash Bandicoot, and the second of two levels in which Crash is chased by a boulder (very similar to the iconic scene in Indiana Jones: The Raiders of the Lost Ark). This time, however, there are more obstacles and more jumps making it harder for Crash to escape the boulder. The purple gem is required to fully clear this level, and the Tawna Bonus Round in the previous level, Road to Nowhere, saves at this level.
Types of crates
- Arrow Crate - wooden (only in the purple gem path)
- Basic Crate
- Bounce Crate
- Checkpoint Crate
- Crash Crate
- ? Crate
- TNT Crate
- Aku Aku Crates: None.
- TNT Crates: 1
- Other Crates: 34 (18 hidden)
- Tawna Bonus Round Crates: None (Road to Nowhere saves here).
- Brio Bonus Round Crates: None.
- Cortex Bonus Round Crates: None.
This corresponds to a save file at this level (36%, 0 keys, 4 gems).
- At the end of the secret path, accessible only with the purple gem, one can see that Dr. Cortex and Dr. N. Brio have carved their heads on the stone walls.
- If you fall into a spiked pit in the secret path, you still hear the fall down whistling sound, rather than being stabbed.
- The level's name is a play on "balderdash", another word for nonsense.
- Two venus fly traps appear on the secret gem path. These fly traps have red heads with white spots but look cyan due to the lighting.
- In the prototype, there is no purple gem, meaning that the path that requires the purple gem is not there.
- The boulder crashes into the 3rd tunnel differently on the PAL version