Cortex Castle (クモクモ キャッスル lit. Castle of Spiders in Japanese) is the fourteenth race course featured on Crash Team Racing. It is based on the castle from the first Crash Bandicoot game. In Adventure Mode, it is one of the first tracks available in Citadel City along with N. Gin Labs. As the name suggests, it is the home track of Doctor Neo Cortex. It is in the Green Gem Cup along with Roo's Tubes, Coco Park and Polar Pass and it is in the Nitro Cup.
Being one of the final tracks, Cortex Castle is quite hard; more so than N. Gin Labs. The track features near endless sharp corners and edges as well as several jumps. Obstacles in it are spiders that hang from the ceiling. Hitting them will spin the characters out.
- C: At the corner of a ledge after the hedge section. If the player is fast enough, there is a chance to grab it without falling.
- T: Floating in midair over the huge jump near the end.
- R: Hanging above the drawbridge at the entrance of the castle. The player will have to jump for it.
Number of Crates: 62
The following times are needed to gain Relics:
- Sapphire: 2:35:00
- Gold: 2:04:00
- Platinum: 1:32:00
- This track is heavily based off the original Cortex Castle design from Crash Bandicoot, including the enemies such as the spiders.
- On the Adventure Map, surrounding the portal to this track, there are five stained glass windows which show the mug shots of the bosses in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped.
- The track can be compared to the Crash Nitro Kart race track Clockwork Wumpa as they both take place inside a castle. Both tracks have tight corners, and they both contain ramps.