Cortex Chaos is a game that never got past the concept stage. It takes place after Crash Twinsanity; Dr. Neo Cortex is kicked out of the mad scientist group for 'fraternizing' with Crash. He has to take revenge on the group.
The game would most likely start with Cortex going to the mad scientist group for a meeting. Upon arriving there, the villains would tell him that he can't be a member for teaming up with Crash. They would then kick Cortex out and he would have to get his revenge from them removing him. The game would introduce more new doctors, each with a N at the start of their names. The only ones known right now are: N. Tombed (a doctor that would be a huge Egyptian enemy), N. Tertain (a doctor that is, strangely, a clown), and N. Tangled (a doctor that has possibly fused himself with plant DNA or studies plants and added a formula to them, giving them the ability to live on their own). More doctors were supposed to be made, but who they are and what they look like are unknown, even to the creators of the game.
The game would have two ways of being played. The first would have Cortex using little clones of himself (possibly humanoid or robotic) to help him by picking up objects and tossing them, building bridges and ladders for Cortex to climb, and collect objects. The second way would have Cortex using different weapons to protect himself. The weapons would be most likely long ranged since a concept art of the weapons are all guns. How the levels would be made and look like are unknown.
- All of the members of the Mad Scientist group would have an N at the beginning of their names.
- It is unknown if Crash would appear in the game as either an ally or a foe.
- Nina would appear in the game but what she would do is unknown or how she would help Cortex.
- The game had another name, entitled "The All-New Cortex Show."
- Universal originally owned the game's rights, but it is unsure if the game will be developed by them or by another company working with them. It is said that Universal want to keep the idea "on the back burner" for a later date, giving the idea that the game will be created by them.
- The Cortex clones idea is most likely based off of Pikmin, a game created by Nintendo for the Nintendo Gamecube which involves using Pikmin to collect parts.
- According to an interview with Keith Webb, one of the game's developers, if the Go! Go! Kokopolo series makes enough money, he will buy the rights and he and the developers he is working with now will create this game as well as Crash Twinsanity 2.
|Crash Bandicoot Series Games|
|Main games||Crash Bandicoot (1996) • Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (1997) • Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (1998) • Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (2001) • Crash Twinsanity (2004) • Crash of the Titans (2007) • Crash: Mind Over Mutant (2008)|
|Crash Bandicoot racing series||Crash Team Racing (1999) • Crash Nitro Kart (2003) • Crash Tag Team Racing (2005) Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D (2008) • Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 (2010)|
|Crash Bandicoot party series||Crash Bash (2000) • Crash Boom Bang! (2006)|
|Handheld series||Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure (2002) • Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced (2003) • Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (2004) • Crash: Mutant Island (2009)|
|Cancelled games||Crash Bandicoot: Evolution • Cortex Chaos • Crash Online • Crash Team Racing (2010) • Crash Bandicoot 2010 • Crash Landed • Crush Bandicoot • Krome Studios pitch|