- This article is about a level in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. For information about other uses, see here.
|Level Number||5 (Warp Room 1)|
|Number of crates||44 (17 in bonus)|
|Gem type||Power Crystal, Clear Gem|
|Previous level||The Pits|
|Next level||Snow Biz|
Types of crates
- Arrow Crate - iron (bonus round only)
- Basic Crate
- Bounce Crate
- Checkpoint Crate
- Crash Crate
- Iron Crate (bonus round only)
- Nitro Crate
- ? Crate
- TNT Crate (bonus round only)
- Aku Aku Crates: 2
- TNT Crates: 2 (2 in bonus)
- Nitro Crates: 4 (none in bonus)
- Other Crates: 36 (15 in bonus)
The level takes place on N. Sanity Island or Wumpa Island, possibly in a more northern area than the boulder levels in the first Crash Bandicoot game, Boulders and Boulder Dash, and probably in the mountains due to the many evergreens and snowy atmosphere. Much of the forest in this level is full of the ancient ruins that dot most of the Wumpa Islands throughout the game. The bonus round appears to take place in the highest trees of the forest surrounding the mountain, quite similar to the Tawna bonus rounds in the first Crash Bandicoot game.
|Enemy Picture||Enemy Description|
- This level's title is shamelessly recycled for several other things in the series, including the final powerup in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped and the racing minigames in Crash Bash. Interestingly, the Warped powerup was renamed Speedy Shoes and Turbo Run in Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortexand The Huge Adventure, respectively.
- As with the other chase levels in this game, Aku Aku is banned from this level, so even if the player has Aku Aku mask(s) when entering the level, the player loses the mask(s).
- This is the first chase level in Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back. The second is Crash Crush and the last is Un-Bearable.
- If the player repeatedly dies on a particular section of the level, then the boulder will slow down on that section of the level. This is a part of the Dynamic Difficulty Adjustment system that awards players an Aku Aku mask or an extra checkpoint on other levels, which wouldn't work in this level since Aku Aku is banned and checkpoints wouldn't make sense in the middle of a chase.