Dr. Nitrus Brio (かがくの ニトラス ブリオ lit. Scientific Nitrus Brio in Japanese) is a boss in Crash Bandicoot and Crash Twinsanity (where he is fought alongside Dr. Nefarious Tropy). He appears in Crash: Mind over Mutant, but within Crunch's boss fight.
|Dr. Nitrus Brio|
|Hits to defeat||9|
|Previous level||Castle Machinery|
|Next level||The Lab|
Dr. Nitrus Brio is the fifth boss of the game and the second boss of the third island. He also has the biggest number of hit points as he has nine, however, they go down quickly. At the start Brio is mixing green and red liquids together. Crash arrives near him and if Crash gets too close to Brio, he will raise his beakers up and smash them together, causing an explosion and Crash will take damage. After a quick mix Brio will throw a green potion. When it smashes a green blob will emerge. Crash needs to jump on it as spinning it would just send it across the room. Once Crash does, one of Brio's hit points will go down.
Next, Brio throws a red potion which just explodes once it hits the ground. Then, he throws two more green potions. Once Crash jumps on them Brio will have six hit points. He'll then throw three red potions and three green potions. After Crash gets rid of the blobs, Brio will be left with three hit points.
Brio will then throw six red potions. This time he doesn't throw any green potions, instead choosing to drink a red potion. His face turns green and then he turns into a giant green monster similar to The Incredible Hulk. He then starts pounding the floor, causing rubble to fall from above, and heads for Crash. Crash can jump on the pieces and jump onto Brio's head. Once this is done three times, Brio is defeated.
In Twinsanity, N. Brio acts as a mini-boss, the real boss being N. Tropy. The doctor will drink a green liquid and jump in the water. When he comes back, he transforms himself in a big monster. He has no hit points and can't be hit; Crash just needs to avoid him, since he'll start jumping around chasing the Bandicoot.
Crash: Mind Over Mutant
N. Brio briefly appears at the end of the Crunch boss fight. Once Crunch has been defeated and jacked, Crash must use him to fire at N. Brio who is running back and forth in the background area. Once hit, he is knocked down into the flames and the fight is over.
- N. Brio was originally supposed to fight Crash alone in Crash Twinsanity.
- N. Brio had the most health in Crash Bandicoot.
- There is a glitch in the Crash Bandicoot Prototype in which Crash must avoid letting Brio touch the walls in his green monster form. If Crash doesn't stop this from happening the game will glitch and Brio will become unbeatable. Brio will then continue moving back and forth for all enternity until he eliminates Crash. This glitch is still present in the final version though it happens very rarely. There is another glitch where sometimes after defeating Brio in the prototype the game won't return to the map screen. Why this happens is unknown.
- In the Crash Bandicoot Prototype, Crash must wait for the blobs to turn green before he can jump on them. Crash must act quickly as the blobs will quickly turn yellow and back to red. Also, Brio's health is shown as little dots in the right corner of the screen showing however many blobs are on the screen. (All the bosses have little dots as their health meter). Once Crash defeats the blobs the health meter disappears.
- In the Crash Bandicoot Prototype, Brio must be jumped on 6 to 9 times in the green monster form to be defeated as opposed to 3 times in the final version.