|Game:||Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped|
|Gems:||1 Clear Gem|
|Relic Times:|| PAL:
|Previous level||Hot Coco|
Eggipus Rex (はっけん！ たんけんベイビーＴ lit. Discovery! Baby T expedition in Japanese) is the thirty-second level from Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped and the last level in the game. It is a secret level in the game, accessed through level 11.
In this level, the player can ride Baby T (which is also seen in level 11) through the whole level, which is set in a prehistoric swamp. However, if Crash hits an obstacle while riding Baby T, such as a pterodactyl, then he will have to continue the level alone, until reaching the next target area where Baby T can be mounted once again.
How to access
It can be accessed from the yellow gem path in Dino Might!, the eleventh level. During the triceratops chase, let the second pterodactyl carry Crash away. The screen will fade and Crash will drop into Eggipus Rex.
- This level's name might be a pun on an Athenian tragedy by Sophocles - Oedipus Rex.
- Only wumpa fruit and lives are present in this level and there are no crates at all. Therefore, it is the only level in the entire series (excluding bosses) to feature no crates at all.
- In the NTSC-U version, the relic times in this level are the same as those of Dino Might!, the level that warps Crash to this level. This is probably due to a glitch where the game doesn't change the relic targets upon warping from that level. As a result, the platinum relic in the NTSC-U version is extremely easy as the required time is much slower than the time required to get a sapphire relic in the PAL version. The Japanese version of the game, despite being NTSC, seems to have this glitch fixed, so the player is required to beat the times that were also intended to be beaten in the NTSC-U version if it wasn't for this glitch.
- In Time Trial mode, the wumpa fruit do not disappear. Eggipus Rex is the only level that does this.
- This is the level with the most secret lives in the game.
- There are 292 pieces of wumpa fruit in the level.
- This is one of the three platforming levels in the game, where it's impossible to acquire invincibility during Time Trial Mode. The other two are Toad Village and Dino Might!.