The Evil Twins are fought right at the end of Crash Twinsanity as the final bosses of that game. In the boss fight they control the Deathbot. The boss is made up of three phases, in which the player must use Nina, Neo Cortex and Mecha Bandicoot to destroy the Deathbot.
In the first phase the player must control Nina and destroy six blue glowing capsules (which are connected to the center of the stage). The capsules are in three sets of two, and Nina must use grapple hooks to climb to the top of each set, where she can spin and destroy the capsules. Nina must also stay clear of the ants that the mech summons, as well as avoid the Deathbot's fire breath, snap claw and stomp attacks. Once all six capsules have been destroyed, the Deathbot will return to the center of the stage and phase two will commence.
In this phase the player controls Cortex, and must shantsoot at and destroy the Deathbot's two guns- its machine gun and its shock wave laser gun. Each gun has two hitpoints, and once both guns have been destroyed the final part of the boss fight will begin.
Phase 3The player then controls the Mecha Bandicoot (who is being controlled by Crash) in this phase, and the Deathbot is surrounded by a rotating shield with gaps in it. The Deathbot has four hitpoints, and the player must shoot missiles
at it through the gaps, while dodging the Deathbot's laser sword attacks. Once the Deathbot has lost all four hitpoints, the boss ends and the two final cutscenes take place before the credits roll.
- Initial Cutscene:
Cortex: Well well well... apparently you two little rascals have been very busy since the last we saw each other.
Moritz: Busy finding a way to meet you again! Your failed experiment sent two innocent parrots to the Tenth Dimension!
Victor: The severe reversal radioactive conditions here sharpened our skills and warped our fragile eggshell minds. Ingredients, or a classic recipe, in the evil villain cookbook!
Moritz: Heehee! Ya see paps, when it comes to evil scientific prowess, we learned from the best.
Cortex: True... now, PLAYTIME IS OVER! Victor, Moritz, back in your cage, you naughty boys!
Victor: What am I doing? Curse my regimented upbringing! That's it Cortex! You wanna make up for lost time and play with your pets? So be it.
- End of Boss Fight
Victor: Aaagghh!! Let's get outta here!!
- This boss fight holds the record for the second most hit points in a Crash game boss fight. In total, the boss has 13 hit points (14 in the PS2 version).
- This is the only level in which Mecha Bandicoot is a playable character. Mecha Bandicoot was originally going to be playable at the end of Ocean Commotion (a level cut from the game).
- The Deathbot can be seen walking in a clear gem cutscene.
- The player cannot use Mecha Bandicoot's chainsaw, although once the Deathbot has run out of hitpoints, Mecha Bandicoot drills into it with the chainsaw and destroys it (ending the boss fight).
- The Evil Twins have a total of seven attacks in the boss fight: stomp, fire breath, Ants, snap claw, machine gun, laser and plasma sword.
- There is an easy trick to destroy the Deathbot's guns as Cortex. If Cortex stands under the Deathbot and shoot the guns from underneath, the machine and laser gun attacks cannot reach him.
- When playing using PCSX2, it may not be possible to reach the highest grapple hook in Phase one of the level when using a higher level speedhack setting.