|Number of crates||44|
|Previous level||Cortex Power (Heavy Machinery in Beta)|
|Next level||Toxic Waste|
- Level description
Generator Room (はつでんしつ しんにゅう lit. Intruding into the Generator Room in Japanese) is the twentieth level (including boss fights) and is the third level of the third island in Crash Bandicoot. It contains the orange gem. It is similar in style to the ancient temple levels, Temple Ruins and Jaws of Darkness, but set in Cortex's power plant, and complete with robotic enemies.
Types of crates
- Aku Aku Crate
- Arrow Crate - iron
- Basic Crate
- Bounce Crate
- Checkpoint Crate
- Crash Crate
- ! Crate
- Iron Crate
- Outline Crate
- ? Crate
- TNT Crate
- Aku Aku Crates: 1
- TNT Crates: 4
- Other Crates: 39
- Tawna Bonus Round Crates: 8
- Brio Bonus Round Crates: None.
- Cortex Bonus Round Crates: None.
- Total Crates: 52
This corresponds to a save file at this level (50%, 0 keys, 6 gems).
Translation of Aku Aku Hints in the Japanese Version
- There are monitors showing Cortex's face. Notice that you can jump and step on them. You'll have the good feeling that you're stomping on Cortex.
- This level was the second successful level made for the game during it's development. The first being Heavy Machinery.
- Pinstripe Potoroo leaves a message on the final door in this stage, claiming to be the CEO of Cortex Power. It is never explained in-game. On the final door, Pinstripe's full name is spelled "Pinstripelli Potorotti".
- At the start of the level and on some other parts of the level, Cortex's face is on what appears to be a TV screen. On these screens, there is no "N" on his forehead. It's a common mistake to think that touching a Cortex Screen will electrocute Crash. In fact, Crash only gets electrocuted if he steps on either an exposed wire segment of a Cortex Screen, however, only a few Cortex Screens have a long enough wire segment for Crash to step on; or a generator, however, this can only be done intentionally, and if the generators weren't there, Crash would simply fall to death.
- In the prototype, the hologram probes appear as floating orbs instead, like in Heavy Machinery. They will still harm Crash if he touches them.