|Number of crates||24|
|Previous level||Rolling Stones|
|Next level||Native Fortress|
You must cross tribesmen village if you want to climb the Native Fortress.
- Level description
The level sees Crash riding through a native village on a hog. Along the way, he must avoid Spike Pillars, roasted hogs on a spits, drums, large pits and shield-holding natives. At the start of the level, it will see Crash looking at the wild hog and then Crash looking at the player suggestively raising his eye-brows. Then he will jump on the hog and the hog will start running. The hog cannot stop or turn around so the player must break all the boxes in one run to get the gem. The level's environment seems to be a native village and the level is bounded by houses and huts on both sides. Crash must avoid the spikes, gaps and native shield holders and can use the drum to bounce over longer gaps.
The gem can be easily obtained by breaking all 24 crates and completing the level without dying.
- Shield natives (causes death upon impact)
- Spike pillars (non-living, but causes death upon impact)
- Roasted hogs, revolving on spits (non-living, but causes death upon impact)
- Drums (non-living, but causes death upon impact; can be used to bounce on)
- This is the first level in the series where the player must ride on an animal. This would be repeated in Crash 2 with Polar and Crash 3 with Pura.
- In the game Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, also made by Naughty Dog, there is a plane in called the "Hog Wild," which is probably a reference to this level.
- In the beta version of the game, there is a box placement that makes getting all the boxes impossible.