|Game:||Crash Nitro Kart|
|Relic Times:|| (Console version)|
|Ghost Times:|| (Console version)|
N. Tropy: 1:51:59
|Next Race:||Jungle Boogie|
Inferno Island (あつあつ インフェルノしま lit. Hotty Inferno Island in Japanese) is the first race course in Crash Nitro Kart. It is similar to the Crash Team Racing track Crash Cove, both in the fact that it's the first course and that its setting is a beach. Despite the name, it is not an "inferno" island. There is a cave about half way through the race and players exit it at the end of the race. It is used in the Red Gem Cup.
C: To get the C, take the little shortcut just right before passing the first bridge at the beginning of the track should be used.
N: The N is located near the small ramp. Make a low jump on the ramp to get the letter.
K: The K is located near the end of the race, go all the way to right and there should be a ledge there. Go up the ledge and grab the letter.
There are two basic shortcuts on this track.
- It located at the start of the race, simply turn to the left side and the shortcut should be there.
- It is located near the end of the race, turn all the way to the right side and there should be a large ledge with a speed boost on top of it. (NOTE: It is highly advised that all players do not use this shortcut on the time trial challenge because it will be slower.)
- Although this is the first track in the game, it can be easily a no hazard track because there are no pitfalls to deal with. Located in the shortcut of the track, there is a wumpa crate. Touch it to pick it up, and receive some bonus speed. As long as Polar and Zam take advantage of their low top speed, they win the race in a minute or two.
- Do not waste the bowling bomb item on N. Trance or Nitrous Oxide, because doing that will fail to catch them.
- Dingodile is best used because he's got a better speed stat than Zem. Pepper the other racers with rockets or static orbs and try not to get hit by a juiced up version of these powerups.
- For Zem, he must be careful, because the other racers will find a safe route from ice mines and static orbs. He, in this track, is capable of leaving the others behind with one blast.
- The first twelve notes of the track's music in the console versions is a reference to the music in Crash Cove in Crash Team Racing.
- As a matter of fact, Inferno Island, as a whole, is a re-imagining of Crash Cove.