Jungle Rumble (サファリパークだ ゾウ？ lit. It's Safari Park... Elephant? in Japanese) is the sixth level and is the first level of the second warp room in Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. It takes place in a jungle surrounded by rivers, pyramids, and temples. After about halfway, Crash jumps in a Jeep to get away from a fleet of rhinos.
The level starts out in a fully clear area leading to a river with a bridge, where Crash will find short locals chucking spears at him. After a short period of time, the path turns, leading to a shallow river which becomes a waterfall. This is also where the bonus round is located. Afterward, there is a Jeep on a large road. If Crash gets close to it, he will automatically hop in; a stampede of rhinos appears shortly thereafter and pursues Crash for a while. After a period of time, the rhinos go down a river and the Jeep collides with a log, where the level ends on rock platforms and rope bridges.
Spear Throwers: 6
- Crash would have been chased by more than just a fleet of rhinos. Through an Action Replay code, it is possible to see that the original stampede featured a giraffe, as well as a hippopotamus. Their models are completely functional and can be implemented in-game. Curiously, a warthog was also supposed to be present, but his AI is missing from the disc.
- Interestingly, It can be noticed from the promotional artwork that this level wasn't always intended to be rainy.
- In the GameCube version, two of the rhinos are blue.
- In Crash Tag Team Racing, the first battle arena has the same name as this level. Also, Crash's Crikey resembles the Jeep used in this level and in Smokey and the Bandicoot.
- In the Japanese version, this level's name is "It's Safari Park... Elephant?". However, the player is chased by rhinos rather than elephants.
- This level's bonus round contains the biggest amount of Wumpa Fruit in the game.