Karts are particular vehicles that appear in some of the racing spin-offs of the Crash Bandicoot series. Karts were not used in Crash Tag Team Racing, and vehicles in this game are known as cars. Every character has three custom vehicles each.
CTR: Crash Team Racing
The kart first appeared in CTR: Crash Team Racing, which is the first Crash Bandicoot spin-off game to introduce racing in the series. In the game, each character has a specific color for their kart (for instance, Crash's kart is blue, Cortex's kart is red, Tiny's kart is green, Coco's kart is pink and so on).
Kart Drivers and their Colors
Crash Nitro Kart
Karts reappear in Crash Nitro Kart, the second racing spin-off game in the Crash Bandicoot series. In this game, the evil Emperor Velo modified the karts of the challengers to make them able to race the different tracks in his domain. The main difference, other than the overall aesthetics, is the ability of this vehicles to turn their wheels sideways and let the kart stick to floor in an anti-gravity mode. this mode also changes the exhaust pipes into electric poles, probably used to power the anti-gravity mechanisms. Another difference is that in the game there are four different teams, each team has their own unique kart model with their own unique motor sound. Every teammate uses the same kart model, with no differences from other teammates' karts.
Teams and their karts:
|Team Bandicoot||Team Cortex||Team Oxide||Team Trance||Team Velo|
|Crash Bandicoot||Neo Cortex||Nitros Oxide||N. Trance||Krunk|
|Coco Bandicoot||N. Gin||Zem||Polar||Nash|
|Crunch Bandicoot||Tiny Tiger||Zam||Dingodile||Norm|
|Fake Crash||Nefarious Tropy||Velo||Pura||Geary|
|Spyro the Dragon (Game Boy Advance version only)||Velo (Game Boy Advance version only)|
Crash Tag Team Racing
In CTTR, while the karts are replaced by cars, the eight colors for the characters are:
- Crash Bandicoot Orange
- Doctor Neo Cortex Yellow
- Pasadena O' Possum Purple
- Crunch Bandicoot Red
- Coco Bandicoot Pink
- Nina Cortex Sky Blue
- Doctor N. Gin Grey
- Ebenezer Von Clutch Green
Crash Bandicoot: Nitro Kart 3D and 2Karts based on the designs of the cars from Crash Tag Team Racing appear in both Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D and Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2, but this time every character only has one kart.
- Crash Team Racing
- Crash Nitro Kart
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (Bandicoot Kart - As a Card)
- Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 3D
- Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2
Crash Team Racing
- In the artwork, the karts (Excluding Nitros Oxide) have golden pipe work that hold the kart together. But in game, these are absent; noticeably on the front of the kart.
- In the character select in Adventure mode and when the bosses are talking, the wheels are part of the kart's model. But when racing and in other character selects, the wheels are sprites (or alpha textures). This is most likely to increase performance.