Knight Time (まっくらけ！ あしもとちゅうい lit. Pitch Darkness! Watch Your Step in Japanese) is the twenty-sixth level and is the first level of the sixth warp room in Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex. It is the first level in the special warp room, and five relics are required to unlock it.
This level is very similar to The Gauntlet, but much darker, and Coco is the playable character. In this level, Coco uses the firefly to see in the dark. However, it does not go away and stays with Coco until the end. In addition, this is one of only two platforming levels in this game without a bonus round; the other being Cortex Vortex.
- If players could play as Crash in this level, it would be much easier as Coco is not granted the power to double jump, slide, death tornado spin, or use the bazooka.
- Its name is a portmanteau of the words "Knight" and "Night Time".
- The firefly in the level is based off the ones seen in the darkness levels from Crash 2 and 3.
- This is the first pitch black level to feature Coco as the playable character.
- It is also the first darkness level in the series where the player's only light source never goes away.
- In the middle of the first side-scrolling part of the level, there is a small far down area filled with Nitro crates. If the player falls with an Aku Aku mask or some other form of protection from the crates' explosion, it will be impossible to get on to the main path again without losing a life and starting over. This marks the only instance in the game where you can get stuck with no conventional method of escape.
- This level isn't dark in the GameCube version, making the fireflies relatively useless.