|First Appearance||Crash Nitro Kart|
|Latest Appearance||Crash Nitro Kart|
|Portrayed by|| Marshall Teague (English)
Kousei Hirota (Japan) Koen De Wit (The Netherlands)
“Earth! I have heard of this planet. It is a copy of my Terra! I will race them, and show them who has better planet!”
—Krunk, Crash Nitro Kart
Krunk is one of Velo's champions and he is the champion of Terra, the first planet in Crash Nitro Kart. When he first sees the racers, he immediately condemns them slow, and demands Velo to send them back, but when Velo informs Krunk that they are from Earth, a planet which he shows dislike towards for "copying" Terra, he declares that he'll race to prove his planet is better.
When you race him, he'll lay down Sticky Fruit to try to stop you from winning. Defeating him gets you the first of the four keys in the game.
When he is defeated by Team Bandicoot, he sadly tells them that Terra is free to roam because they now have his key. After hearing this, Crash shows a bit of compassion for Krunk and gives him his yo-yo which Krunk sees as a gift from Crash's world. Afterwords, he apologizes, admitting that it was Terra that "copied" Earth as he tries to learn how the yo-yo works. Afterwards, Velo warps up and sees Krunk tangled up in Crash's yo-yo, and is disgusted and angrily tells him to leave his sight.
When defeated by Team Cortex, he says the same thing and asks them not cause trouble. Cortex promises this, at least until he conquers his own planet, to which Krunk shows disdain for.
He is unlocked in the GBA version by beating him for the first time on Jungle Boogie.
- It is quite ironic how Krunk's home planet is named Terra and is a copy of Earth, for the word "Terra" is Latin for Earth.
- Krunk was originally called Kongo.
- Krunk makes a cameo appearance in Crash Tag Team Racing where a statue of him is found in Deep Sea Driving.
- Krunk is the only champion that Velo doesn't get angry at in the meeting with the teams. He gets angry at Nash for insisting to start the race now, Norm for being reluctant to race the teams and Geary for cleaning the ledge he stands on.
- Since it seems like Krunk becomes friends with the Bandicoots after they beat him, it's unknown why he's protected by Uka Uka when he gets the invincibility mask in the Game Boy Advance version.
- In the console version, Krunk uses Sticky Fruit as a weapon, but in the handheld version he uses TNT Crates.
|Krunk | Nash | Norm | Geary|