|First Appearance||Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced|
|Latest Appearance||Crash Nitro Kart|
|Portrayed by||Tom Bourdon (Crash Nitro Kart)|
N. Trance is a pink egg-shaped being from the 5th dimension. He is the self-proclamed "Master of Hypnotism," and has the ability to hypnotize people with his claw hand. He has often brainwashed Crash's friends and enemies to aid a greater evil, such as Uka-Uka and Emperor Velo. His name is based on the verb "entrance," meaning "to put into a trance."
N. Trance was first seen in Crash Bandicoot: N-Tranced when Dr. Nefarious Tropy got him to help Uka Uka by brainwashing the Bandicoots. Crash later made it to N. Tropy's secret base and defeated N. Trance with the help of Fake Crash.
He was later seen in Crash Nitro Kart racing for Emperor Velo XXVII. He runs his own team, composed of him and his brainwashed cohorts Dingodile, Polar, and Pura. All of the brainwashed members of his team wear his helmets. He also appears to have 2 normal hands instead of one hand wielding the hypnosis ability.
- N. Trance was originally going to appear in Crash Twinsanity with a slight cosmetic change. In the game, his brain was going to be eaten by Evil Crash. Because the scene would've been too graphic, the idea was cut.
- In N-Tranced, the boss fight against him showed him to be much larger than Crash and N. Tropy, but in the concept art of him in Twinsanity, he is very short.
- He and his team, like N. Oxide's team, is protected by an Emperor Velo mask in Crash Nitro Kart.
- Compared to his other victims, Dingodile underwent the most severe mental and physical changes after being brainwashed by N. Trance. This may be because he possibly required much more brainwashing than the others, being the only minion of Cortex to fall under N. Trance's mind control.
- This is the first time N.Trance is against N. Tropy, possibly because he escaped without him.
- N. Trance was originally going to wear a dark armored suit with a jet pack and equipped with laser cannons during the battle against Crash in Crash Bandicoot: N-Trance, this was scrapped for unknown reasons.