Pan European Games Information is the European equivalent of the Entertainment Software Rating Board. It was created in April 2003 to replace ELSPA which served the United Kingdom, Ireland, Spain and Portugal as well as SELL which served France. Its ratings are:
- 3: Suitable for all ages. This rating was used for earlier Crash Bandicoot games as well as Crash Boom Bang and games released through PlayStation Network.
- 7: Not suitable for children under the age of 7. This rating was used for the majority of later Crash Bandicoot games (with the exceptions of those stated above).
- 12: Not suitable for children under the age of 12. Games with this rating tend to have violence, milder swear words as well as sex and drug references.
- 16: Not suitable for children. Games with this rating tend to have stronger violence, explicit swear words, sex and drug references and may additionally have elements based on chance.
- 18: Not suitable for children or young adults. Games with this rating tend to have explicit violence, sex scenes, illegal drug use and may additionally have elements which discriminate.
Prior to 16 June 2009, the ratings were 3+, 7+, 12+, 16+ and 18+.