|Level Number||19 (Warp Room 4)|
|Number of crates||84 (49 in bonus)|
|Gem type||Power Crystal, Clear Gem (x2)|
|Previous level||Cold Hard Crash|
Ruination takes place during a stormy night in an ancient set of ruins. Crash will travel along a path full of stone structures such as rotating pillars and giant statues carved out of rock. This level is filled with many different perils, including platforms that rotate and fall when Crash steps on them. There are also a wide variety of enemies in this level including rats, chameleons, and gorillas that will toss logs at Crash.
Enemies and obstaclesEdit
- Rats - These rats will appear abundantly throughout the level, and usually remain motionless when Crash comes across them. Crash can defeat them easily by spinning them away or jumping on them. Sometimes, they will appear on rotating platforms, making it harder to avoid them and jumping on the platform at the same time.
- Monkeys - These monkeys will attack by jumping back and forth along the path. They are usually seen jumping over Nitro Crates and TNT Crates. Crash can defeat them by jumping on them while they are on the ground or spin them away.
- Chameleons - These chameleons attack by pacing back and forth, causing Crash to lose a life if he touches one of them. They cannot be defeated with Crash's normal spins or jumps, but rather can be defeated by sliding into them.
- Gorillas - These gorillas will attack Crash by throwing logs at him. Crash can avoid these logs by either spinning them away when they approach him, or by jumping over them. Crash can defeat the gorillas by spinning them away when he gets close to them.
- Fire-Spitting Statues - These statues attack Crash by spitting a blast of fire out of their mouths. Crash can avoid them by either jumping over their line of fire or by waiting until they momentarily cease their fire breath.
- The name of this level, possibly, is a combination of the words "Ruin" and "Nation".
- This level's gem path is accessible without the green gem by long-jumping: pressing O while moving right then quickly, X+.
- This is one of only four levels in the Crash platforming series from Crash 2 onwards that has more crates on the bonus path than the main path, the others being Night Fight and Spaced Out, also from Crash 2, and Drip, Drip, Drip from Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure.