The cartoons were supposed to be in Crash Bandicoot, but Sony disapproved of them because of their "3D agenda". They felt a 2D cartoon would be out of place in a 3D platformer, and it was never used. Almost all copies were destroyed afterwards.
The first cartoon was a concept for the game's opening and mimics a Saturday morning cartoon intro. It starts with a pane of the archipelago and zooming in to a window in the Cortex Castle. Cortex is soldering a bar and attaching it to a cage around a globe of planet Earth. Afterwards, N. Brio releases various animals: an iguana, monkey, koala, warthog, komodo dragon and a bandicoot, whilst Cortex zaps them with the Evolvo-Ray. The next scene, Brio attempts to calm Cortex down while he gives orders to everyone in the room: Tiny Tiger, Pinstripe Potoroo, Komodo Moe and Joe, Ripper Roo and Koala Kong. Afterwards, Crash is sent to the Cortex Vortex, but breaks out and starts running away from Cortex and Brio. He is recaptured, and zapped again, but once again breaks out, this time through a chained window. He floats over the second island and lands on N. Sanity Beach.
Tawna is held on a chair ready to be zapped and brainwashed, while Crash escapes from Papu Papu. He hits a tree branch and starts thinking about saving Tawna, but falls down the island and climbs up the second one. The Crash Bandicoot logo appears once again, with Crash trying to take the globe from the beginning from Cortex, and being successful. Crash then rides a car with Tawna, and blows Cortex away. The viewer is then persuaded to "buy [our] game and tell your friends so [we'll] make lots of loot". The first segment ends.
The ending cutscene starts with Tawna being grabbed by Cortex and Crash in each side. Cortex falls off his airship and lands on a ship with the Universal Interactive logo on it. He stands up full of coal in a pose similar to his original design and presses the button that makes the airship explode. A screen saying "THE END?" appears.
- Tiny Tiger and the Komodo Brothers' original designs can be seen.
- Komodo Moe's head is not visible.
- Tawna has a pink shirt and a green skirt, just like in earlier versions of the game.
- Some of the reasons for cancellation are that it would affect game sales negatively and that it was majorly hated by the developers and producers alike.
- Jim Cummings is theorized to have sung the theme.
- There are many things that do not match up with the actual intro and ending to the game.
- Strangely, there is a monkey and a warthog seem with the pre-mutated animals, yet no mutant version of these creatures appear in the next scene (or the game itself for that matter).