|Level Number||2 (Warp Room 1)|
|Number of crates||74 (10 in bonus)|
|Gem type||Power Crystal, Clear Gem, |
|Previous level||Turtle Woods|
|Next level||Hang Eight|
Types of crates
- Aku Aku Crate
- Arrow Crate - iron
- Basic Crate
- Bounce Crate
- Checkpoint Crate
- Crash Crate
- ! Crate
- Iron Crate
- Nitro Crate
- Nitro Switch Crate
- Outline Crate
- ? Crate
- TNT Crate
- Aku Aku Crates: 2
- TNT Crates: 2 (none in bonus)
- Nitro Crates: 18 (none in bonus/12 in special passage)
- Other Crates: 52 (10 crates in bonus)
Enemies and Obstacles
|Penguins||The penguins will walk back and forth along the path that Crash travels. At certain points in their movement, they will stop and start to spin around. After spinning around, they will be dazed for a few seconds before shaking it off. While they are in their spinning motion, Crash should try to avoid them as they are impervious to his attacks at this point in time. Once they are in a state of daze, then Crash can attack them by either spinning them away or by jumping on them.|
|Seals||The seals will glide along the path that Crash travels. They don't directly attack Crash but act as an obstacle. He must try to avoid them while traversing the level. They can be easily defeated by spinning them away, or by jumping on them. Once in a while, Crash will come across a group of seals together that slide into a nearby pit. He must time his jumps in this case as there are three of them to avoid rather than one.|
|Rock Crushers||The rock crushers are mechanical machines that are found in the inner portion of the level. They are marked by a large stone structure with a stone slab protruding from it. On the ground by the stone structures are indented spaces, which shows the area where the rock crusher lands. When running through the indented space, the stone slab will immediately slam on the ground when Crash is over the space. To avoid being slammed by the device, Crash must time his movements while running through the slam zone. If Crash is crushed by the rock crusher, he will lose a life.|
|Log Crushers||The log crushers are mechanical machines that are found in the inner portion of the level. They share the same design as the rock crushers, except a log is used in place of a large stone. The log crushers act differently than the rock crushers as they repeatedly slam on the ground rather than wait for Crash to walk underneath them. This gives Crash some time to time his movement while running through the log crushers.|
Translation of Aku Aku Hints in the Japanese Version
- The spinning penguins have cute faces, but are dangerous.
- If you crouch while running, it becomes sliding. Think differently, it will come in handy.
- This level's name is a pun on the phrase "no-go", meaning to not function properly, and, as such, not go. Appropriately, this level's colored gem is red, the internationally accepted color of "stopping", aka "no-going".
- It's possible to get the red gem without the secret route through the usage of the seal or the iron arrow crate, both of which are underneath the red gem.
- This was the chosen level in Interactive CD Sampler Volumes 5 and 6. In it, the music is slightly different.
- Originally this level contained the blue gem but that was switched to Turtle Woods.
- This level was the fourth ever Crash 2 level made not counting bosses, and as such, suffered many changes before the released version(s):