|First Appearance||Crash Bandicoot (1996)|
|Latest Appearance||Crash Boom Bang (2006)|
Tawna is a character from the Crash Bandicoot series. She appeared prominently in only two Crash games: Crash Bandicoot and Crash Boom Bang. She has cameo appearances in Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Crash Twinsanity, and in the recent Crash: Mind Over Mutant.
In the first Crash Bandicoot game, she was another genius creation of Dr. Neo Cortex and Dr. Nitrus Brio. Crash escapes, falling out a window and waking up on N. Sanity Island. However, he is driven by the motivation to win the heart of the female bandicoot, so he decides to thwart Cortex's plans and rescue her. Throughout the game, Tawna is used as a hostage in order to get Crash to come back - Tawna icons can be acquired from opening crates, and once three are collected, they teleport Crash to the treetops. There, Tawna is waiting until Crash gets close, where he is teleported away from her reach. A picture of Tawna is seen in The Great Hall and can be seen only if the player has acquired at least six Gems. In the end, she is either reunited with Crash on Cortex's blimp or on a balcony (canonically the former).
She is found working at the Moulin Cortex. There is a picture of her and Cortex on the building.
Crash Boom BangEdit
She is an unlockable playable character in this game.
Wrath of Cortex and Mind over MutantEdit
There is a picture of Tawna in Crash's house, meaning he may still have feelings for her.
Tawna is mentioned several times and makes cameos in Dansu! De Jump! Na Daibouken. When Crash wakes up to see where Tawna is, he finds a note saying that she's gone off with Pinstripe. She is only seen when Crash is daydreaming about being irresistible and saving the world. Her design is different in the manga, looking more like anime female then her bandicoot design.
- Tawna is also referred as "Tawna Bandicoot" in fansites, but this full name has never been officially used.
- According to Naughty Dog, Tawna's design was based off celebrity Pamela Anderson, for her blonde hair and breast size.
- Tawna is shorter in Crash Boom Bang!, possibly half the size she was in Crash Bandicoot.
- After Crash Bandicoot, Naughty Dog removed her from the Crash series because Naughty Dog were not happy with her forced redesign, as she did not closely resemble their original intentions. Ironically, her later redesign in Crash Boom Bang! is reminiscent of the original idea.
- It was explained on Naughty Dog's old website that her general disappearance in the series was due to her leaving Crash for Pinstripe Potoroo not long after the events of the first game, although it isn't known if this was written jokingly. The manga adaptation of Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back also suggests this to be the case. Interestingly, the Japanese ending of Crash Bash elaborates further and strongly implies that Tawna ended up coming back to him.
- She is the first female character to appear in the Crash Bandicoot games.
- Tawna was originally named Karmen.
- Tawna is the only bandicoot whose name doesn't start with a C.
- Tawna's skirt was originally green before they changed it to blue.
- Tawna wears sneakers identical to that of Crash's.
|Crash Bandicoot Party Series Playable Characters|
|Crash Bash||Coco Bandicoot | Crash Bandicoot | Dingodile | Doctor Neo Cortex | Doctor Nitrus Brio | Fake Crash (Japanese version only) | Koala Kong | Rilla Roo | Tiny Tiger|
|Crash Boom Bang||Coco Bandicoot | Crash Bandicoot | Crunch Bandicoot | Doctor Neo Cortex | Fake Crash | Pinstripe Potoroo | Pura | Tawna Bandicoot|