|Number of crates||???|
|Gem type||Clear, Green, Red, Yellow, Blue and Purple|
|Bonus round(s)||Doc Amok|
|Previous level||Cavern Catastrophe|
|Next level||Iceberg Lab|
- Cortex: You have to help me, Crash! You heard them! They want to destroy our island home, humiliate and enslave you, and steal my brain! How I envy the simple life of the tribesfolk.
- Papu Papu belly dances and repeats Aku Aku noise "HUDABEGA, HUDABEGA!!!'
- Tribesfolk clapping
- Cortex: "Living in harmony with Mother Nature, the noble boar, the humble bumblebee."
- Bees begin stinging Cortex
- Cortex: "Ahhhhh!"
- Cortex: "Ahhhhh"
- Beehive falls on Cortex's head and gets stuck
- Bear sees Cortex run by covered in Bees and honey, licks his lips and chases Cortex.
- Cortex runs into Papu Papu
- Bees fly away
- Papu Papu: "Babo-kangi!" points at Cortex nodding
- Tribesfolk arrest Cortex
- Cortex is tied up at top of totem-pole
- Crash knocks down pole
- Cortex: Ahhh! Ahh!
- Cortex lands in river still tied up as he drifts towards a waterfall.
- Cortex: "Ahhhhhh" falls down waterfall
- Papu Papu: "Hahoom-hoom! Hahoom-hoom! Saclo poole!"
- Tribesfolk: "Id-ja!" begin chasing Crash
The level has Crash going through three parts: Doc Amok, the River, and the village, and afterwards a chase from the Tribesmen. This level is one of the two to feature Doc Amok. In Doc Amok, Crash has to rid Cortex's path of hazards and protect him from enemies. The level also features unique gameplay of hiding behind reeds in order to avoid being spotted by watchmen. Also, to get one of the gems in the level, Crash must skip rocks across the sea to blow up a stack of Nitro Crates with a ! Crate on top.
Nitro still provides a usual threat for this level, but it is mostly used to knock down logs and collect Gems.
Crash fights Boars in each of the three segments (first segment, fighting a Boar is optional) and they will charge at Crash if he comes near them. They outrun Crash; therefore the reason why they are always contained in pens.
In part of the Doc Amok segment, touching Cortex while is running can kill or hurt Crash. In the later parts of the Doc Amok segment, he can't harm Crash.
Water is extremely frequent in this level, and can be seen in all three segments.
If Crash touches the red button in the middle of these, he will bounce up into the air and the trap will close. If Crash or Cortex are caught in the trap, they will be hurt or killed.
These painted rocks will only appear on Cortex's side. Crash must spin or destroy the rocks supporting it so that it will fall and get rid of the spikes.
These only appear on Cortex's segment and Crash must jump on a platform to raise up the spiked crushers so Cortex can pass through.
These are only on Crash's side, and Cortex must run over a large button to deactivate the wall for Crash.
Three appear on this level, one on Crash's side, and two on Cortex's. They must be spun to be killed or must be blown up with Nitro so they don't kill Cortex, though its most likely they will bite the Nitro and blow up themselves.
Pitfalls only appear in the chase scene and inside the cave. If Crash falls in one, he will instantly die regardless of how many Aku Akus he has.
If these Tribesmen spot Crash, Crash will be pelted with spears and die.
These Tribesmen will attempt to impale Crash with a spear. These Tribesmen can be defeated with any attack.
Some of the roofs in the village have spikes atop them which will harm Crash.
Fake Crash and Crunch's IslandEdit
Some fans have speculated the small island in Totem Hokum, only visible in a few areas, was originally the island as seen in concept art where Fake Crash and Crunch are stranded on an island. It is possible to reach it still without any cheats or hacking.
The Fourth Secret BeachEdit
Totem Hokum is home to the fourth discovered secret beach, it can be accessed by rolling a barrel out to sea with Crash on it. It is right in front of the cliffs which contain the village. But the beach is all solid. It was clearly cut for being incomplete.
- This is the first Doc Amok level.
- This is the only level in Crash Twinsanity to have an Easter Egg.
- This is the first "hiding" segment of the game.
- In the hiding segment, Crash doesn't need to crouch behind the reeds, he can crouch in any area without being spotted.
- An easy way to win the worm chase is to first take out all the enemies, then get the crates. Finally, chase the worm without the fear of getting hit and missing the worm.