|Number of crates||201 (Doc Amok: 65; River Rollerbrawl: 59; Worm Chase + Exit: 77)|
|Gem type||Clear, Green, Red, Yellow, Blue and Purple|
|Bonus round(s)||Doc Amok|
|Enemies||Tribesmen, Boars, Venus Fly Traps, Bear, Worms|
|Previous level||Cavern Catastrophe|
|Next level||Ice Climb (Hub level, Iceberg Lab)|
- Cortex: You have to help me, Crash! You heard them! They want to destroy our island home, humiliate and enslave you, and steal my brain! How I envy the simple life of the tribesfolk.
- Papu Papu belly dances and makes the same sound as Aku Aku when collected.
- Tribesfolk clapping
- Cortex: "Living in harmony with Mother Nature, the noble boar, the humble bumblebee."
- Bees begin stinging Cortex
- Cortex: "Ahhhhh!"
- Cortex: "Ahhhhh"
- Beehive falls on Cortex's head and gets stuck
- Bear sees Cortex running covered in bees and honey, licks its lips and chases Cortex.
- Cortex runs into Papu Papu.
- The beehive flies away along with the bees.
- Papu Papu: "Babo-kangi!" points at Cortex nodding.
- Tribesfolk arrest Cortex.
- Cortex is tied up at top of a totem pole.
- Crash knocks down pole.
- Cortex: Ahhh! Ahh!
- Cortex lands in river still tied up as he drifts towards a waterfall.
- Cortex: "Ahhhhhh!"
- Cortex falls down the waterfall.
- Papu Papu speaks to the tribesmen, and they start chasing Crash.
The level has Crash going through three segments: Doc Amok, River Rollerbrawl, and the worm chase. Afterwards he is chased by the Tribesmen. This level is one of the two to feature Doc Amok. In Doc Amok, Crash has to rid Cortex's path of hazards and protect him from enemies. The level also features unique gameplay of hiding behind reeds in order to avoid being spotted by watchmen. Also, to get one of the gems in the level, Crash must skip rocks across the sea to blow up a stack of Nitro Crates with a ! Crate on top.
Nitro still provides a usual threat for this level, but it is mostly used to knock down logs and collect gems.
Crash fights boars in each of the three segments (in the first segment, fighting a boar is optional) and they will charge at Crash if he comes near them. They outrun Crash; therefore the reason why they are always contained in pens.
In part of the Doc Amok segment, touching Cortex while is running can kill or hurt Crash. In the later parts of the Doc Amok segment, he can't harm Crash.
Water is a frequent hazard in this level. Falling into water will make Crash instantly lose a life.
If Crash touches the red button in the middle of these, he will bounce up into the air and the trap will close. If Crash or Cortex are caught in the trap, they will be hurt or killed.
These booby-trapped rocks only appear on Cortex's side in the Doc Amok segment. Touching them will hurt or kill Crash and instantly kill Cortex.
These only appear on Cortex's segment and Crash must jump on a platform to raise up the spiked crushers so Cortex can pass through.
These are only on Crash's side, and Cortex must run over a large button to deactivate the wall for Crash.
Three appear on this level in the Doc Amok segment. Two block Cortex's path and one blocks Crash's path. Two must be killed via spinning and the other by blowing up several Nitro Crates.
Pitfalls only appear in the chase scene and inside the cave. If Crash falls in one, he will instantly die regardless of how many Aku Aku masks he has.
If these Tribesmen spot Crash, Crash will be pelted with spears and die. Three watchmen appear in the level and the player must use different innovations to hide from them.
These Tribesmen will attempt to impale Crash with a spear. They can be defeated with any attack. A bunch of Tribesmen holding a spear appear at the end of the level in a chase scene. They can not be defeated by Crash's attacks but can be defeated by using a glitch.
Some of the roofs in the village have spikes atop them which will harm Crash.
Fake Crash and Crunch's Island
Some fans have speculated the small island in Totem Hokum, only visible in a few areas, was originally the island as seen in concept art where Fake Crash and Crunch are stranded on an island. It is possible to reach it without any cheats or hacking.
The Fourth Secret Beach
Totem Hokum is home to the fourth discovered secret beach, it can be accessed by rolling a barrel out to sea with Crash on it. It is right in front of the cliffs which contain the village. However, the beach is all solid. It was clearly cut for being incomplete.
- This is the first Doc Amok level.
- The Doc Amok theme is a reference to the Flight of the Bumblebee theme, and the Worm Chase theme is a reference to Blue Danube Waltz. This is the only level, along with High Seas Hi-Jinks, that shares this trait of referencing classcial songs.
- This is the only level in Crash Twinsanity to have an Easter Egg.
- This is the first "hiding" segment of the game.
- In the hiding segment, Crash doesn't need to crouch behind the reeds, he can crouch in any area without being spotted.
- An easy way to win the worm chase is to first take out all the enemies, then get the crates. Finally, chase the worm without the fear of getting hit and missing the worm.
- This is 1 of the 10 skippable levels in the game.
- There is a glitch, where before Doc Amok, the player can go to the side, and there will be rocks (that are unseen due to the camera), and if one stands on the rocks and belly-flops on the mountain in front of the rocks, they will be on top of the mountain, and if one slides off the mountain, they will see Papu Papu and two of his tribsemen (these are used for the cut scene). The player can spin the tribsemen, and they will fall, and if they fall back, they will not be seen in the cut scene (if you touch Papu Papu, it will hurt Crash).