|Willie Wumpa Cheeks|
|First Appearance||Crash Tag Team Racing|
|Species||Mutant Wumpa Fruit|
|Affiliation(s)||Ebenezer Von Clutch (formely), Penguins (formely)|
|Portrayed by|| Roger L. Jackson (English)|
Masato Funaki (Japanese)
“Perhaps a riddle or two!”
—Willie's opening phrase, Crash Tag Team Racing
Willie Wumpa Cheeks is the main antagonist of Crash Tag Team Racing and was the mascot of Ebenezer Von Clutch's Motor World. His head is a gigantic Wumpa Fruit with a Wumpa Pumpa for a nose, from which the Wumpa Whip he produces comes from. He often speaks in limericks and rhymes, which proves to disturb many people, particularly Doctor Cortex and Stew.
Later in the game, it is revealed that Willie is the one responsible for stealing the Power Gems from the park and Von Clutch's Black Power Gem. He admits to the crime out of sheer frustration of the other characters' less-than-intelligent accusation of Crash for the theft of the Gems, given that the one (and most obvious) piece of evidence points to Willie. He bounds off to Astro Land and attempts to blast off in a rocket, but is thwarted when Crash aborts the launch. Willie is pulled out of the rocket by Crunch, but before Willie can be interrogated on the location of the Black Power Gem, he is liquefied by a shot from Doctor Cortex's battle-craft.
- His name is a parody based off of Willy Wonka from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
- Despite being the one who stole the Power Gems as well as Von Clutch's Black Power Gem, the motivation behind Willie's actions or what he plans on doing with the Power Gems are still entirely unknown. Though given the unpopularity of both his fairground persona and the Wumpa Whip he endorses, it doesn't seem exceptionally random.
- Willie speaks in most of the introductions to locations, excluding the final location, in which Von Clutch replaces him. If the introduction is replayed by re-entering, he still speaks, even if the player has cleared the game and stopped him.
- His voice actor Roger L. Jackson is well known for voicing Mojo Jojo from "The Powerpuff Girls" and Ghostface in the "Scream" franchise.
- After Willie escapes to Astro Land, if the player uses a debug camera to look behind Von Clutch's Castle, the player can see Willie floating, meaning the developers simply hid him out of sight instead of removing him entirely.